Portable Line Array System
- Recommended for audiences up to 500
- 24-speaker articulated line array delivers 180-degree horizontal sound coverage
- Produces the most consistent tonal balance with little volume drop-off over distance
- System's interconnecting pieces allow for efficient transport, easy setup and breakdown
- Four-channel ToneMatch audio engine with studio class effects
- One B2 bass module included
Boost your performance with the L1 Model II system, our most advanced portable amplification system for musicians, DJs and public speakers. The loudspeaker delivers 180 degrees of horizontal sound coverage and our smoothest tonal balance—across the stage and throughout the room. And the ToneMatch audio engine provides a suite of studio-class effects and tone-shaping tools to give you just the sound you're looking for. Includes one B2 bass module for more flexibility and even greater power at the low end.
Our best portable sound system for musicians combines the Bose L1 Model II system and T1 ToneMatch audio engine. This professional concert sound system provides wide coverage, smooth tonal balance and a suite of studio-class effects and tone-shaping tools. And it's packed with proprietary Bose technologies designed to improve your amplified sound.
Sound advantages—only from Bose
Like the original, award-winning Bose L1 loudspeaker system, this Model II sound system is an all-in-one innovation that replaces conventional monitors, mixers and PA speakers. The system's breakthrough loudspeaker produces wide, uniform sound coverage of nearly 180 degrees—onstage and throughout an audience of up to several hundred—with little dropoff in volume and tone.
The Model II system also features Articulated Array speaker technology for better tonal balance. The loudspeaker's 24 vertically mounted drivers are precisely angled to create clearer highs and more consistent tone in the room. Even people off to the sides of these stage speakers enjoy well-balanced, detailed sound.
Easy and efficient
The L1 Model II power stand weighs only 24 pounds, and its four retractable legs make it easy to transport and set up. The power stand also has a simplified control section; the single line-level input can be used with instruments, mics, mixers, laptops, MP3 players or DVD systems.
All of the system's components are also built to handle the road. The loudspeaker has a rugged, reinforced grille, and each package includes padded carrying bags for major components.
- Spatial Dispersion™ and Articulated Array® speaker technologies in the loudspeaker produce wide, uniform sound coverage. The 24 small drivers are arranged using Articulated Array speaker technology in a slim, vertical enclosure—creating nearly 180 degrees of horizontal coverage and consistent tonal balance.
- Integrated power amplifiers in the power stand provide clean, precise amplification for L1 Model II system with up to two B1 bass modules or one B2 bass module.
- ToneMatch® port on power stand for digital audio and power connection to ToneMatch audio engine.
- Analog input, trim control and signal/clip LED for line-level analog input via ¼" TRS phone cable. Can be used for instruments or other audio sources like DJ mixers, MP3 players, computers or DVD systems.
- Bass module out for amplified bass output signal to one or two B1 bass modules or one B2 bass module. L1 system automatically adjusts equalization appropriately when bass modules are connected.
- Bass line out delivers post-DSP bass signal output. Accepts ¼" TRS phone cable. Use to connect powered subwoofer, additional amplification system or Bose® PackLite® amplifier with up to two additional bass modules.
- Retractable legs provide stability for streamlined power stands and loudspeakers. Four retractable legs fold out of power stand simultaneously for quick setup and compact transport
B2 bass module
Compact enclosure is easy to transport, set up and break down. Small footprint takes up considerably less space than traditional bass cabs required for same performance. Interlocking end caps let you securely stack two modules together on their sides.
Highly efficient speaker design features two 10" (13.3 cm), high-output, high-excursion drivers that produce deep, strong bass from a small enclosure. Three level settings provide flexibility of output. When connected to power stand, active equalization circuitry automatically adjusts bass signal appropriately.
Full, flexible bass
The high-performance B2 bass module delivers greater low-frequency output when you need more powerful bass for larger audiences. The module includes three settings for increased flexibility. The normal setting is ideal for bass guitar or when miking a kick drum. A higher setting is designed for DJ/music playback applications. And the lower setting works well for acoustic guitar and vocals.
You can power one B2 bass module on a single L1 power stand. And the optional PackLite® power amplifier lets you add a second B2 bass module for maximum low-end power.
Powerful multichannel audio engine
Combining the T4S ToneMatch audio engine with your L1 system expands your options to connect additional instruments and microphones. You can also use the ToneMatch engine to fine-tune your sound with powerful, proprietary tone-shaping tools.
The compact, four-channel engine provides fingertip control of a library of ToneMatch presets. Just touch a button to make hundreds of precise refinements to the sound of instruments and microphones. The engine also features a complete suite of studio-class reverbs, additional effects and dynamics processing. It connects to the L1 Model II system via a single digital cable for quick, streamlined setup.
POWERFUL AUDIO PROCESSING
- Updated, studio-quality effects with advanced digital audio processing
- High-quality effects include compressor, limiter, de-esser, noise gate, chorus, flanger, phaser, tremolo, delay and reverb
- Bose ToneMatch processing for natural-sounding vocals and instruments
- zEQ focuses the sound of ToneMatch presets for effective adjustments on the fly
- Independent ToneMatch, EQ, dynamics and effects per channel
- Dedicated reverb on Aux 1 send, and a global shared reverb for use across all channels
- Master output EQ helps compensate for venue acoustics
- Full end-to-end tonal optimization when used with Bose L1 and F1 systems
- Unprecedented connectivity and control in a small digital stereo mixer
- Four high-quality audio preamps with XLR-combo jacks for microphones or instruments, and switchable phantom power
- Two ToneMatch outputs for digital audio and power
- Two Aux sends, and Two Aux inputs for additional sources
- USB-A and -B for USB drive playback or PC/Mac interfacing
- Independent headphone and balanced ¼" TRS stereo outputs
- Tactile controls and indicators designed for live, on-stage use
- Fast-learning user interface
- Built-in tap tempo delay, chromatic tuner, and recallable scenes
- LED display and illuminated controls are easy to read and use, even on dimly-lit stages
L1 Model II Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker top: 43.5" H x 3.5" W x 4" D (16.3 lbs)
L1 Model II Cylindrical Radiator® loudspeaker bottom: 43.5" H x 3.5" W x 4" D (17.4 lbs)
L1 Model II power stand: 5" H x 10" W x 27" D (23.7 lbs)
B2 bass module: 23.4" H x 13.31" W x 18.9" D (45 lbs)
T4S ToneMatch audio engine: 2.67" H x 6.5" W x 8.25" D (2.1 lbs)
- Mic/line inputs (1 - 3) feature combination analog connectors accepting balanced XLR or unbalanced ¼" TRS audio cables.
- Line inputs (4/5, L/R) for analog stereo connections to keyboards, mixers and computers. Inputs accept balanced ¼" TRS cable. Edit control affects both channels.
- Trim controls and signal/clip LEDs (1 - 4/5) for adjusting levels of input signals. Green/yellow/red LEDs show signal status and help you set gain levels properly.
- Preamp outputs (1 - 3) for connecting channels' dry output signals to recording gear or other amplifiers via balanced ¼" TRS cable.
- Aux output can be used with aux mode to create independent submix of channels 1 - 4/5 to route to other amplifiers or recording gear.
- Master analog output for connecting to additional L1 systems, amplifiers or recording gear via balanced ¼" TRS cable. Select from pre- or post-master volume settings.
- ToneMatch port to connect digital output of engine to L1 Model II power stand via included ToneMatch digital cable.
- USB port for updating ToneMatch audio engine and backing up scenes via USB connection to your computer.
What's in the box
- L1 Model II power stand and cord
- L1 Model II Cylindrical Radiator loudspeaker (top and bottom)
- Loudspeaker carrying bags
- Power stand carrying bag
- B2 bass module and cable
- B2 slip cover
- T4S ToneMatch audio engine
- ToneMatch cable
- ToneMatch engine protective cover